Monday, January 22, 2018

Winter re - do

Fender mounting, and sissy bar construction were all really left before I can fully take hold and finish my bike on my own. Duane and Moon came through in a big way to help me. This was probably the 6th sissy bar I have made with Duane and it always takes so long to do because he wants that fucker PLUMB, straight, and sturdy. They always turn out pretty damn nice. Crude and primitive bending methods.
Numerous placement double checks.
Make do with what you have. Even though I decided on a small radius, this was worth showing. The first pull around the base of this chair was perfect, just a little to high from fender to frame for me.
Figuring out how to mount it was a combo of an idea I had to taper the upper bend and weld it to the underside of the sissy bar and it turned out nice. The other was Robby suggesting from experience on how to mount to the frame. Drilled out the frame all the way through and sleeved it so a bolt runs nicely through and holds it down firm to the rest of the setup. I got measurements for Moon and he banged out some stainless bungs at his house for me, coped the bottom side to sit flush on the frame.
Duane handled it! Very happy with it. Going to metal finish a few areas we built up and have my buddy Mike help in the polishing department. Spring is approaching!

2 comments: