Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Mr. Burgess "The YouTube Star"

YouTube is kind of evil but amazing at the same time. I have wasted thousands of hours of my life getting lost watching semi truck runaway ramp videos and road rage compilations, but then I have also learned a lot from it and managed to uncover some cool history. With people posting their old home movies on there for random people to watch, you are bound to run into some old motorcycle gold. Eddie was 17 when he built the Panhead in the video below. I came across the video and fell in love with the footage. It's pure, and kind of sad because you watch it with the old tune playing and can kind of feel like Eddie, missing how simple shit was and how everything can quickly change around you as you get older. It's almost as if he posted his personal home video to say "Hey! I was doing this stuff too guys, just didn't have an audience at my fingertips to show it off". Anyhow, I am not old enough yet to preach about the good ole days, but I can see clearly how much it probably ruled living in 70's as a teenager. Hell, I miss the 90's. So with the video, came my curiosity of what became of the guy in the video with his girlfriends tooting around the yard on his panhead chopper? What happened to the bike?? Well, with the power of the internet, it was not hard to track down Eddie. I reached out to him like you would to someone you found on youtube and asked. As you guessed, yea, he regretfully sold the bike(s) years ago. Built it inside his house, and had a crew like most of us do today. The shop they hung around was called Mikes Choppers and unfortunately does not exist today. I really just wanted to pick his brain and see if he had any old pics of his bike and what not, and he did. He sent me some awesome pics from local custom shows he attended and of his other bike, a nicely done up 45 chopper. Thanks Eddie.

No comments:

Post a Comment