Monday, March 12, 2018

1964 FL (4.0)

Think I can call it a wrap. Went from riding to West Virginia with all my boys over the summer to tearing everything down for a make over. I wanted an opportunity to change a few things, which soon led to a completely different bike. Same motor and frame, maybe even a little left over 60w in the bottom end. Everything else got touched. I love old pics when crews all painted their bikes solid, loud, and bright colors, and have been fond old South Bay style bikes and oddity's during that era. That's why it looks like this. I wanted to do as much as I could myself, and obviously needed to rope in help from some friends. I molded and painted the bike, with the help of Shane B on my tank after I screwed it up. I helped Duane with all the fabrication, where I could. All in all, I am very pleased. Bought to get to know it over the next two weeks and then off to Texas to see some friends. Thank you Duane for everything, Thank you Mike & Matt for the Transmission, Lacing and truing and polishing. Derek for the Mag assistance, Shane for being so good at fixing my mistakes. Thanks Arie for the killer bars, thanks Adam for the terribly comfy and clean seat. Blue Candy over blue metallic with silver metallic lines and logo buried under, rebuilt knuckle transmission, 16 rear, 21 burger front, extended 33.4 front end, stainless sissy pole, and my same 64 motor that has done me well over the years.
My setup from June

No comments:

Post a Comment