Wednesday, February 14, 2018

"What!? I didnt know.."

Years ago my buddy Nick and I were in Mississippi at my grandfathers house, in between meeting with my dad to start our trip to New York to go see Levon Helm. So the trip already had a high point and we were killing time exploring around Natchez. While driving back to my grandfathers place not 4 miles away, we spotted these two ponies on the side of the road. Now at the time, i think i was riding a XS400 and Nick had a suzuki or something, guys back home already shovels and sportsters and I was aware these were some chopper worthy bikes. I snapped a pic with my Razor phone and sent it to Nick back in Birmingham. A Panhead and a generator shovel, both sitting in original wishbone frames. The guy that owned the store that these were parked in front of said they were his sons, he was a flipper and a deal maker of anything apparently, and these just happen to be something he was flipping from another trade. Wanted a whopping 3K for the whole pile. I dont think I had even held that much at the time. Now, you couldnt get me to the bank quick enough. Needless to say, we carried out our New York road trip and never saw these again. I did however stop by this guys place a couple years ago and ask the store owner what happened to them. he said his son bought and sold so much stuff that there's no way he would even remember.. Nick found this pic on the Haints blog and I had completely forgot I even took one. Just thought I would share. Not every day you see pre 70's Harleys parked on the side of the road for sale. apparently they are only hiding in barns.

No comments:

Post a Comment