Monday, February 19, 2018

Midnight Mike

Back in December when i took my bike apart, the intention was to change a couple things here and there. But like most scatter brains, I decided everything could use a make over or a good freshening up. My transmission has always been good on the bike, with the exception of a few cosmetic issues from past repairs. It was a 47 trans I got from my buddy that Rick Lewis put together for me a couple years ago. The drum was falling off, causing me not to shift through gears one time when we went to the Gasser drag races, but that was my fault. Anyway's, I decided to get another case, lid and kicker to build another, one with no big aluminum gobs and free spinning studs. After finding some surprisingly good old Harley cases, I asked Mike to help me make it a running transmission, and he did just that. Mike is very meticulous when it comes to this stuff, which he hasn't been doing all that long. He just got really in depth with reading material and bought a few specialty tools and knocked out a couple transmissions here and there. His he did on his Shovelhead got him to Virginia and back no problem, and he likes to test them out thoroughly at home before giving them back. Oh, and he likes to text ALOT of photo updates which is great too. Thanks again Mike and Matt. Just a shell
Then, Polish, a check of all internals, ordering new internals, and assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment