Monday, April 23, 2018

Bama Swap

Moon, HighSchool (Robby), Mike, and myself left Birmingham around 4:45 on Friday to head out to Section, AL. HighSchool slapped together his new version of his 750 over just a couple days and tagged along last minute, so we were expecting maybe some hang ups on the way out.. Trussville traffic sucks at 5:00, but after that hwy 11 opens up to a road that doesn't look like it belongs just a few miles north of Birmingham, it is really one of my favorite stretches of road to ride. Not long, we pulled off to track down Mike, his shovel had lost all tension in his clutch lever. We adjusted it at the hub and all good. Only a few more miles and he was signaling to me again... No clutch. We pulled off with just an hour or so of daylight left and found that he broke a woodruff key, hub was just falling off... Luckily JP was coming out later to Ricks swap anyway in his van, I talked him into getting my truck keys from my wife and passing through us. We hung with Mike until they arrived, and with it getting colder by the minute, we hauled ass the rest of the 76 miles we had left to go. riding through Fort Payne at 10:30, we saw all the drag cars leaving on trailers, indicating the racing was done for the night. But once we pulled in, said hello's to all of the standard bama swap crew we always see there, we warmed up and fizzled out to our sleeping quarters. The swap had some good stuff, and the weather shaped up to be clear and sunny. The ride back Saturday was a good one, just the three of us since Mike opted to repair his bike back in town. Highschool lost power about halfway home, but thankfully I still had a battery in my bike just for lights. I gifted it to him and let my Mag get me home. Sunburnt, and a little less money in my pocket, we had a good weekend. Moon rode his EXTREMELY nice panhead for the first time on a long journey and it handled it. Setup to go fast and straight. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment